Over the past couple of months I feel as though Z and I have been doing a pretty good job in terms of crock pot usage. Every time I make something I can’t help but revel in the fact that it’s just so darn easy: throw things in and go. Especially this time of year with temps in the teens, coming home to a warm meal is simply wonderful.
I’m looking to expand my crock pot repertoire though. Here’s what I have my sights set on…
Five Slow Cooker Recipes To Try
1) Roasted Veggie Sauce ~ The Lean Green Bean: I love that this is customizable in a “use whatever veggies you have” kind of way. Making a big batch and freezing it would be a smart idea.
2) Lemon Chicken ~ SkinnyMs.: Simple ingredients, classic flavors. I have homemade chicken broth in the freezer so I’m all set there. But I would leave out the olives….they’re not my thing.
3) Cinnamon Pork Loin With Parsnips ~ Mark’s Daily Apple: I’m currently obsessed with parsnips sooooo this will definitely need to happen.
4) Chicken Quinoa Soup ~ Fit Foodie Finds: I really need more soup in my life. It’s hearty, filling and warms the soul. I would need to leave out the garlic but all the rest of the ingredients are Kerry-friendly which is awesome!
5) Banana Bread Oatmeal ~ Garnish With Lemon: I’ve only done oatmeal in the crockpot once, but remember being quite pleased when I did. My motivation to prep dinner most nights is lacking let alone planning ahead for breakfast the next day. I’ll set it as a personal goal for myself though. Especially since we have a container of steel cut oats in the pantry that is otherwise going unused. This recipe has my all-time favorite flavors: banana, cinnamon and vanilla and one of my favorite nuts, pecans. I’m sold.
My goal for next week: make one of the recipes above. It’s time to stop pinning and start actually making!
I want to know…
What is the last thing you made in your slow cooker?