My Mom is in town for a the weekend helping me check things off my wedding to-do list. Whenever she is in town, or whenever I go up and visit her, or whenever I think about how I’m becoming a wife (aka a real grown up) I can’t help but get nostalgic for the days when I was “just a kid.” Where the biggest stressors in my life were an upcoming math test or my least favorite weekly chore–trash day.
Join me in a trip down memory lane. Back to a simpler time…
5 Pictures From My Childhood
- Leopard print + denim + pouffy bangs = win.
- A dancer from an early age, one of my favorite things was putting on my cousin Kelley’s old dance costumes when we went to visit.
- Me and my best friend Jen. The plan was to submit this picture to Barbie magazine. Each month they featured a reader and their collection on the last page, what an honor! Unfortunately I don’t think we ever actually sent it in but regardless, Barbies were a way of life.
- Then there was the time I got in to my Mom’s make-up. Now the good part is that I realized that mascara went on your face…just didn’t quite nail the “only on your eye lashes” part.
- Love this picture of my brother and I. Taken on the air-tram at the Bronx Zoo. We spent many a day trip there (hmm, I went on to work with animals…shocking!).
Fingers crossed that lots of planning gets done this weekend and quality girl time is had!
I want to know…
What was YOUR least favorite chore as a kid?