Two months….61 days to be exact.
I took a day off next week so my Mom and I can have a three day weekend together to get some serious wedding work done.
Using last month’s update as a guide, let’s see what progress has been made and what’s still left to do.
The Wedding of K & Z
- Venue: Need to start thinking about how we’re going to go about transforming the house into a proper ceremony/reception site. These white doors off the living room will be opened to create a larger space directly out to the porch. You can an absolutely stunning view from there so the owner recommended that location for the ceremony.
- Colors: No decisions made. Just going to have to see what my options are in terms of flowers, brainstorm a bit with Mom in terms of décor and go from there.
- Florist: Still no idea. I did find this picture from another St. Lucia wedding. I like that the flowers are tropical without being obnoxiously so.
- Décor: To plan with Mom.
- Food: Finally heard from the villa owner who asked me to send her my dietary restrictions (of which there are a quite a few, hence my trepidation). She is currently in St. Lucia and was going to be meeting with Orlando, the chef who will be cooking for us, and creating a potential menu. We’ll see what they come up with!
- Photographers: Cannot wait to meet Meg and Charles in person! Meg Baisden Photography.
- Wedding Party: I know they are busily planning things like showers and bachelorette festivities. As you can tell by the entire planning process I’ve assured them that I don’t expect much…just my closest friends together, that alone would make me happy.
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Can’t wait to see what they find!
- Wedding Dress: Heading for my first alteration appointment next week. Denise and Jenna will be coming along and it will be their first time seeing the dress!
- Hair/Accessories: Don’t know.
- Tuxes: Z bought a good quality suit last year and after some thought we decided to just have him wear that as opposed to spending hundreds on a new one. He will need a new shirt, tie, and shoes, but that is a far less daunting task.
- Wedding Rings: We went to try them on last week. Although we will be purchasing them online, I especially wanted to make sure to see it in person. I’m so glad I did! The setting on my engagement ring makes it a bit challenging to find an appropriate band. Not 100% decided yet.
- Invitations: Response cards are coming in! Since we’ll be iPod-ing it up, my Mom included a “favorite song” question on the invites. It’s been fun reading the answers!
- Rehearsal Dinner: Z’s Mom, Kristi is on it.
- Group Activities: It would be fun for everyone to do an activity together like snorkeling or zip lining. Need to get info and pricing.
- Wedding Night Hotel: Need to choose it and book it!
Once again, it’s helpful to list it all out like this. Definitely helps me process.
I want to know…
Do YOU have any great song suggestions for the wedding playlist?