Recently I had a craving for a burger and fries. No that doesn’t mean hitting up the nearest McDonald’s or 5 Guys, instead Z and I set out to make our own turkey burgers and batch of veggie-based fries.
I’ve made sweet potato fries multiple times, but seeing as how we had some zucchini & summer squash to use up, I decided to sub those in instead.
I consulted my trusty Pinterest board and ended up taking inspiration from:
Thanks to those two ladies I think I found a new favorite way to eat zucchini!
As adapted from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen & Skinny Minnie Moves
- 3 zucchini, sliced into “fries”
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic infused olive oil (*FODMAP friendly, hooray!)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and cooking spray.
- Cut zucchini into “fries” and use paper towel or clean dish cloth to remove excess moisture.
- In a bowl combine spices and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl combine fries and olive oil. Coat thoroughly.
- Toss the spices and fries.
- Lay flat on baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes. Flip. Bake 12 more.
- For a crisp finish, broil for the last 2 minutes.
GOOD. So so good.
I’ve never wanted to consume large quantities of zucchini more than I did in this moment. The seasoning was so extremely flavorful. Although it probably didn’t need dipping sauce, I love ketchup so went with that.
The burger was actually quite a hit as well! Z was in charge of the burgers and roughly followed this Gluten-free Asian Turkey Meatball recipe. Mmmmm, tasty!
Overall Z and I have been slacking in the creative dinner department recently. This meal was a much needed success and has inspired me to try and get back on the “Pinterest recipe making” train a little more often.
I want to know…
What’s the best meal you’ve made within the last week?
Feel free to share the recipe in the comments below!