One of my first blog posts was entitled, “It’s beginning to look a lot like…Christmas?” I wrote it on June 25th, at the half-way mark to the holiday and used it as a time to reflect on what I had done in 2012 so far and what I was hoping to accomplish in the upcoming months.
January to June
In going back and re-reading that post I had listed the following milestones:
- Z returned home from his year-long deployment
- Was a Maid of Honor
- Traveled to Isla Mujeres, MX
- Moved into a new house
- Took part in my first dance recital in 8 years
- Celebrated our 2-yr anniversary
Those were all pretty great things! So what did I do the rest of the year?
June to December
- Started a blog! In doing so realized food photography is a “thing” that I know very little about. I’m trying though!
- Celebrated my 28th B-day while visiting my parents in New York.
- Went to my first-ever family reunion.
- Finally got around to engagement pictures!
- Finally found a wedding location! St. Lucia , December 2013.
- Spent a week with my folks in NY for Thanksgiving and ran a Turkey Trot with Z and Mom.
Pretty successful I’d say. Now, how does that compare to the goals I set for myself back in June? Let’s take a look…
- Venture to my parents’ house in NY and go wine-tasting at Millbrook Vineyards
My parents love wine too so this was an easy one. Check!
- Run a 5K with Z
We did three.
- Run the marathon relay at the Baltimore Running Festival
Didn’t get around to this one. 2013 perhaps?
- Go to a bed & breakfast
I’d say our overnight at the Mismlyn Inn counts.
- Pretend to have a green thumb and plant something in my flower boxes and tree planters.
Although I decorated them, the flower boxes remain empty. Fail.
- Take advantage of my library card—read, read, read.
I slacked in the regular variety, but discovered my love of audiobooks.
- Pick a destination for our destination wedding
- Continue to grow and develop this blog into something I’m really proud of.
An ongoing goal.
Not all goals were accomplished 100% but I still feel successful regardless. 2013 will be a big year as Z finishes his degree, we potentially change our housing situation and wedding planning starts full force. A lot of exciting adventures to come….stick around and follow along!